UDIA National Congress 2018 will be held in Melbourne, in the beautiful State of Victoria, Australia. Melbourne, ‘The World’s Most Livable City’ is exciting, rich in diversity and culture, home to various performing arts; fantastic architecture, great shopping and amazing sports.
- Discover Melbourne’s coffee and food culture, which can be found in our all amazing Cafes and Restaurants that dot city’s landscape. From fine dining restaurants, swish eateries to chic rooftop bars, the city thrives on its cafe culture and bustling bar scene. With an array of restaurants, cafes, bars and world-famous wine regions within easy access of the city, come and be immersed in a journey of culinary discoveries.
- Melbourne’s culture is vibrant and alive. The city is home to over 100 galleries, an array of live music and performing arts venues, world class theatre performances, various museums and unique outdoor public art. View world-class Australian artwork collections and Indigenous culture at the National Gallery of Victoria.
- Discovering Melbourne’s architectural history is another great way too explore the city, from the landmark Rialto, down iconic laneways, to the gilded Eureka tower, there is so much to explore in this ever changing city skyline.
- Make the most of your time in Melbourne – from its creative, exciting city centre, to its buzzing neighbourhood hubs. It’s the gateway to Victoria’s world-class wineries, natural springs, peninsulas, spectacular coastline and alpine villages. See what’s on while you’re in town!
Getting Around Melbourne
Recently named the World’s Most Livable City for the 7th year in a row, Melbourne is easy to navigate by foot or public transport. The Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre is located within easy walking distance of many hotels, restaurants, cafés, shopping and attractions. The City of Melbourne provides informative walking maps and information that can be downloaded for free here.
More information on public transport:
- Myki Visitor Pass
- Free City Circle Tram
- Melbourne Visitor Shuttle Bus
- RACV Melbourne Bike Share Scheme
- River cruises
The Grand Prix
The 2018 Formula 1® season starts on 23 – 25 March right here in Melbourne. The festivities take place in Albert Park, beautiful racetracks within the city limits between CBD and the St. Kilda beach. The Australian Grand Prix is much more than a Sunday race and the days before the main event alone are worth travelling to Oz for. Aerial displays, concerts, Fan Zones, car displays and driver interactions are just a few of the festivities available to attendees in previous years. Every season, the party seems to get bigger and 2018’s Australian Grand Prix should be no exception. Be trackside as the top drivers in the world compete for one of the sport’s most coveted titles amongst a crowd of nearly 100,000 spectators.
- Race weekend: 22 – 25 March 2018
- Where: Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit, Albert Road, Albert Park
- Ticket costs: 4-day grandstand passes start from $299
- Find out more: grandprix.com.au
Got you curious?
Think you're interested?
Are you an early bird?