Jordan NguyenFounder, Psykinetic NB
Dr. Jordan Nguyen is a young man on a mission to change the world. He is an acclaimed thought leader on the intersection between technology and humanity.
At a moment of the most extraordinary breakthroughs in our understanding of the human brain, Jordan has a magical combination of technical brilliance with the unique ability to inspire people.
A truly inspirational communicator, Jordan presents on technology and the power of the mind at prestigious events internationally including Think Inc., Wired for Wonder, and the Engineering for Medicine and Biology Conference – the world’s largest annual biomedical conference.
Upon completing his PhD in Biomedical Engineering at the University of Technology Sydney, Jordan was accepted into the prestigious UTS Chancellor’s List. Now his mission is to improve the lives of as many people as possible. As founder of Psykinetic he designs life-changing technologies focusing on intelligent, futuristic and inclusive technology.
Drawing on his experience of almost breaking his own neck, Jordan developed a mind-controlled smart wheelchair for people with high-level physical disability.
A hot topic of discussion in the media, Jordan’s amazing work has been featured in a range of TV, radio, magazine and newspaper interviews, including ABC’s Catalyst and Channel TEN’s The Project.
Jordan is a NSW State Finalist for Australian of the Year 2017.
As a speaker Jordan has the ability to translate highly tech nical concepts and future trends into clear and concise content, relevant to any organisation looking to proactively embrace and adapt to technological change.
His recent documentary, ‘Becoming Superhuman’ won the 2017 Eureka Prize for Science Journalism, adding to the list of numerous awards it has achieved so far:
- Winner ATOM Award Best Factual Television Series Australia 2016
- Winner ROCKIE Award Best Science and Technology, BANFF *World Media Festival, Canada 2017
- Winner Gold award for NSW ACS awards Australia 2016
- Winner Best Documentary Picture This International Disability *Film Festival, Canada. 2016
- Winner Gold REMI Award 50th Annual International Independent *Film Festival, WorldFest, USA. 2016
- Finalist Department of Industry, Innovation and Science Eureka *Prize for Science Journalism
- Official Selection SUPER GEEK Film Festival Florida Supercon USA
- Official Selection SCINEMA International Science Festival, Australia
- Official Selection ASSIM VIVEMOS International Disability Film Festival, Brazil